Are you our new senior
Support Engineer Linux?
As a Support Engineer Linux, you are responsible for complex technical questions that come in through our ticket systems Zendesk and Jira. You solve complex server problems and help customers with questions about DNS, name server and firewall settings. You'll also carry out preventive maintenance, test the quality of improvements made and document the solutions regarding the issues.
The support team has an important contribution to make in maximizing and improving the uptime, reliability, security and scalability of our Tilaa VPS platform.
What does your work day look like?
A day at support is never the same. You start up your computer and check the tickets you’ve received. During our office hours we have an SLA of 1 hour, so you'll start with the queue first. At the end of the morning you may have a ticket which you'll have to investigate more thoroughly. You do this by reproducing the customer's problem and trying to solve it by troubleshooting. After lunch you have the stand-up with the team to see how everyone is doing. In the afternoon, you are busy distributing virtual servers across the Tilaa platform and migrating (live) physical hosts because maintenance work is being carried out in the datacenter.
What do we expect from you?
- You have completed an mbo+/hbo (medior/higher level) education and intellectual level and preferably a training in IT
- You have excellent knowledge of and experience with Linux and working with the Linux command line
- Experience in a similar customer- and service-oriented function is a plus
- Thanks to your strong analytical skills, you are able to solve complex issues taking into account many variables
- You have an excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
Who are we?
Would you like to help make Tilaa become one of the most valued VPS providers in Europe? Then you've come to the right place. We have more than 10 years of experience in providing Virtual Private Servers based on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Every day we continue to expand and improve our platform. With just one goal, to become the most appreciated in Europe.
What can we offer you?
A job in an enthusiastic and ambitious organization in an open, direct and informal culture. We work hard and expect your passionate commitment, and in return you get a lot of freedom and responsibility. Tilaa creates conditions in which you can enjoy your work. We will provide you with a MacBook Pro and an iPhone.
- A salary to match your experience
- MacBook Pro
- A pension contribution
- Reimbursement of travel expenses / train & bus pass
- Study budget
- 25 paid holidays
- Fresh bean coffee (in the office)
- A fun and enjoyable place to work
- Variable working hours and the possibility of working from home
- Plenty of room for professional development. Do you want to learn more about usability and conversion optimization? We’ve got it covered!
Are you interested in this role as a Senior Support Engineer Linux and do you meet the requirements in the profile? Do not hesitate to apply immediately! For questions or further information, please contact our Ingrid van Gelder on +31-(0)6-11567682. We look forward to meeting you!
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated. We consider unsolicited CVs and candidates as not having been received.