Are you our new Network & Security Engineer?
As a network and security engineer at Tilaa you will have a versatile role with a lot of responsibilites. You will work on network and security solutions, with a devops way of working.
What are you going to do?
Implement and monitor network and security solutions.
Keep track of development work and the impact on security and network.
Keep track of professional knowledge and share with team.
Deploy network and security solutions.
Solve complex incidents (3rd line).
Contribute to keeping (or expanding) certifications.
On our roadmap we have an interesting and challenging project: The redesign of our network based on EVPN, VXLAN and BGP. Of course you will be an important contributor.
What does your working day look like?
In the morning, after entering our office, you start up your computer and check if there have been any anomalies/incidents on our network. As network is your main expertise, today you will work with our devops engineers to update them on the latest changes you have implemented.
In the afternoon you meet with the team to check the impact that the roadmap has on network and security. You inform them of the impact the different components have on your areas of expertise.
How is our tech landscape?
Linux, Unix, Routing (BGP/OSPF), Switching / bridging (STP/VLAN/LAG), Overlay networking (VXLAN/EVPN), Juniper Networks devices (EX/MX/QFX), Puppet, Ansible, SRE
Tilaa is ISO 27001, ISO 9001, PCI-DSS, NEN 7510 and ISAE 3402 Type I certified.
What do we expect from you?
As a senior professional, we expect you to be able to communicate well, both with your team as well as the product owner and other stakeholders. You are analytically strong, result oriented and able to coach colleagues. Of course, you keep up to date with the latest developments in your area of expertise, and can translate these to solutions for Tilaa.
- Infrastructure as code is 'the way to go' for you.
- Thorough Linux/Unix knowledge, the terminal doesn’t have much secrets for you.
- Extended knowledge and experience with networking, switching and routing.
- Familiar with conducting internal audits and meeting the requirements of external audits in the network/security area of expertise.
Who are we?
Would you like to help make Tilaa become one of the most valued VPS providers in Europe? Then you've come to the right place. We have more than 10 years of experience in providing Virtual Private Servers based on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Every day we continue to expand and improve our platform. With just one goal, to become the most appreciated in Europe.
What are our plans?
- Become the most valued VPS provider in Europe
- Offer users the best experience when ordering a VPS
- Offer the best customer experience
What can we offer you?
We would like you to enjoy your job and we will do everything we can to ensure that the conditions for this are optimal. We like short lines of communication and fast decision-making. Together with the rest of the team, you will therefore have a great deal of independence.
- A salary to match your experience
- MacBook Pro
- A pension contribution
- Reimbursement of transportation costs
- Study budget
- 25 paid holidays
- Fresh bean coffee (in the office)
- Fresh fruit and soft drinks (in the office)
- A fun and enjoyable place to work
- Variable working hours and the possibility of working from home
- Plenty of room for professional development. Do you want to learn more about usability and conversion optimization? We’ve got it covered!
Working remote is possible. It's required to live in a European Union country.
Are you interested in this role as Network & Security Engineer and do you meet the requirements in the profile? For questions or additional information, please contact Ingrid van Gelder on +31-(0)6-11567682.
We look forward to meeting you!
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated. We consider unsolicited CVs and candidates as not having been received.